Monday, July 01, 2013
photomechanical printing book update
Working hard to keep this first edition affordable, I think that I can keep the price to $20 (or less, depending on the final edit size).
Instruction photos that are finished:
* Photoshop and printing a transparency with an inkjet printer
* Exposing the KM73 plate to a stochastic screen, image transparency, washout and heat setting.
* Preparing plate, paper, and ink for printing.
I need to re-shoot some processes at the end of this week:
* Finding a base exposure time for the stochastic screen and transparency.
* Home made step wedge to make workflow-specific adjustment curves.
* Some problem plates for a troubleshooting section.
One decision that I have to make soon:
* What is the title of the book?