Thursday, August 02, 2012

A Collision: Media and Environmentalism




 This is an interesting concept. I'm not sure if they have a deeper agenda or are relying only on the juxtaposition of a billboard and nature (much of that probably depends on the content of the billboard itself).  In trying to decide whether or not to support this project, i went through many scenarios in my own head about how I would do it myself. It brought up major questions that orbited around the intent of the project. It could be overtly didactic, pushing an agenda of either environmental conservation or technical progress at all cost. It could be simple juxtaposition without the slightest hint of artist(s) intent. Irony would be easy (and probably gain much immediate attention).

 In the end, I decided that I wanted to see what these two artists would do with the idea, so decided to back the project.

No comments: