Friday, May 29, 2009

New Statement

that is more concise than the normal rambling.....

Through countless hours of observing moving water, this work uses formal complementary elements
opacity/transparency,
repetition/chaos/uniqueness
to build dialogues about observation, movement, and pathfinding.

No matter what I am doing, three challenges always arise.

1. What do I genuinely see in front of me, and how do I represent it
with marks that will map what's been revealed?

2. Is there a break in the regularity that illuminates, by contrast, the uniformity of chaos
and the disorder of repetition?

3. Does any of this dictate a specific path to be followed, and just how far can I really see?


I hope to achieve universality through investigation of the specific subject/phenomenon
of moving water, both through it's observed appearance and my own interaction with it.
The research allows me to build a cycle of metaphors that include
art as water
water as life
life as art

No comments: