Monday, October 22, 2007

Give it a rating and help me out

click this link
http://www.saatchi-gallery.co.uk/showdown/index.php?showpic=84812



I have an entire theme that will turn into a body of work for these competitions on-line. Saatchi Gallery is, well, I really don't know if I like it or not. It's kind of the annoying blockbuster movie that is really populist and full of spectacle. But, I must admit that, even at it's big-consumer heart, the gallery is trying to make the art world more connected and smaller.

Of course the root intention is to garner attention and therefore gain larger market share, but if it drags some unique work out from the shadows in the process then some good will be done. Also, there is a possibility that people who create art as a recreation, in their spare time, apart from their "real job" could be exposed as passionate artists with some skill, then bravo. After all, how many "artists" are working in the "art field" anyway?

So, as I've asked before, please vote for my work. Give it the best rating you think it deserves. Keep checking back for more updates and more artwork.

Thank you.

No comments: