Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Step Away from Text

I think that I have always suspected that there is different meaning to images than text. Words. My artistic life is an effort to express that different meaning. This conflicts with many other artists' efforts, who's creative lives are mostly textual. Text feeds the critics. Text feed academics. Text feeds a need for remote discussion. (I differentiate between text as written-blogged-read-performed and those words which are vocalized in face-to-face conversation between individual)

I don't really know where I am going with this (written text). Words cannot describe what Im am after. Perhaps that is it. I am after that which words cannot describe.

Description
"A picture is worth a thousand words"

of an experience out of the ordinary
"Words cannot possibly describe it..."

No comments: